After growing up working from age 9 to 20 in his family’s small business, the Kennedy Craft Shop, Doug started his hospitality career during college by working as bellman with Marriott’s 125th property, Marriott’s Griffin Gate Resort in Lexington, Kentucky. After college, Doug entered Marriott’s management training program, moving on to the Stamford (CT) Marriott, then working with independent boutique hotels in New York City and Miami.
His conference presentations are spiced up with fun stories of his personal tribulations working in the business, but also from his experiences in the development and worldwide delivery of lodging and hospitality in his topic areas of hotel hospitality, reservations sales training, front desk, and hotel sales training.
Doug’s content also draws from the various themes of his most monthly hotel training articles. Here are examples of his recent customized conference presentations:
• Driving The Sales Process Circa 2019 and Beyond
• Conquering Complaints: The Carrot Model™
• Creating Hospitality Excellence, DAILY!
• Hospitality Industry Is At A Fork In The Road: Which Path Will You Take? AI (Artificial Intelligence) or EE (Emotional Engagement)
• Hotel Sales in the Era of Electronic Distribution
• The Human Factor Of Hospitality In The Era Of Digital Marketing.
• Who ARE Today’s Callers and Why DO They Still Call?
• Your Front Desk Is A Distribution Channel
Doug’s most popular keynote presentation is based on the content of his new book: So You REALLY Like Working With People?: Five Principles For Hospitality Excellence. Click here for information about the book or to purchase it on Amazon.