After growing up working from age 9 to 20 in his family’s small business, the Kennedy Craft Shop, Doug started his hospitality career during college by working as bellman with Marriott’s 125th property, Marriott’s Griffin Gate Resort in Lexington, Kentucky. After college, Doug entered Marriott’s management training program, moving on to the Stamford (CT) Marriott, then working with independent boutique hotels in New York City and Miami.
His conference presentations are spiced up with fun stories of his personal tribulations working in the business, but also from his experiences in the worldwide delivery of training in his topic areas of guest service, tourism sales, hotel hospitality, reservations sales training, front desk, and hotel sales training.
Doug’s content also draws from the various themes of his most monthly hotel and tourism industry training articles. Here are examples of his recent customized conference presentations:
• Driving The Sales Process Circa 2019 and Beyond
• Conquering Complaints: The Carrot Model™ (Service recovery.)
• How To Create Hospitality Excellence, DAILY! (Leadership “train-the-trainer” version.)
• Hospitality Industry Is At A Fork In The Road: Which Path Will You Take? AI (Artificial Intelligence) or EE (Emotional Engagement)
• Hotel Sales Best Practices for the Era of Electronic RFP Inquiries
• Bringing The Human Factor Back Into The Era Of Digital Marketing and Sales
• So You REALLY Like Working With People? Five Principles For Finding Our Own Personal Fulfillment In Hospitality Excellence
• Your Front Desk Is A Distribution Channel: How To Train Your Team To Secure More Direct Business
Doug’s most popular keynote presentation is based on the content of his new book: So You REALLY Like Working With People?: Five Principles For Hospitality Excellence. Click here for information about the book or to purchase it on Amazon.